I HAD PREPARED MY SUIT BUT WESTLINE CEO PREVENTED ME FROM ATTENDING THE 2017 RUSH WESTERN MUSIC AWARD, RAS EBO BEMOANS


Picture of Musician Ras Ebo
Conspicuously among the bombshells that happened during the 2017 Rush Western Music Awards was the withdrawal of nomination by the Kuush Family Head Ras Ebo.

In an exclusive interview on Paragon FM, the Indomie Girl hit maker has revealed that his decision to back off the award was as a result of exclusion of his hit song Kuush Style by the Award Board.

He said: “When it [the nominations] came, some songs of mine were eliminated from inside [sic]… they were saying Kush Style is a [sic] profane”.

He wondered why the song met radio stations guidelines and enjoyed massive airplay but was not deemed fit for nominations by the board.

“I was like wow. The music they’ve been playing on radio so long how can it be profane?” he quizzed.

When asked about his reasons for not attending the show, he had this to say: “I wanted to come [for the show]. I was with a friend and the friend called Ampaabeng and said ‘yeah I took your number from Ras Ebo, I am even with him so I am coming with him’”.

He revealed that minutes later, the CEO of Westline Entertainment called back to inform his friend not to come along with him, since he did not want to see him (Ras Ebo) at the event.

“Ampaabeng called the guy [my friend] back and was like ‘naa the ticket am giving you cannot grant access for two people’… indirectly trying to tell me not to come there. I have prepared my suit; everything was onset to flex on the red carpet”.

Attempts to speak to Westline Entertainment management to respond to the allegations however proved futile.



  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Irene Devine Dzirasa, the Valedictorian at 2020 UHAS Congregation

Kwabena Lyta Wins Best Hiplife Song at 2019 Edition of Western Music Awards

Champs Sports Bar and Grill Reopens in Takoradi, Western Region