OPEN LETTER TO BEST WESTERN PLUS ATLANTIC HOTEL

Dear Manager,

Yesterday, I came to your 4.2 stars Google rated hotel to buy food. I was handed a food menu, but unlike Rev Mensah Otabil, I prefer to eat with my fingers so I ordered grilled tilapia and banku.

Do you know why I chose that delicacy? Your food menu said local foods like my choice takes between 20 to 30 minutes to prepare. Since there was a football match ongoing, I think it was Monaco and Juventus, I did not mind waiting that long.

True to your words, my food was ready after 27 minutes.

Gorgeously lying on a flat ceramic plate was my grilled tilapia with sliced onions and green pepper on top of it. My mouth began to water upon seeing the waiter walking gently towards table 10.

However, my appetite started diminishing when I saw my two small balls of banku wrapped in plain thing plastic bags.

But I had read somewhere that: "Realistically, eating hot food from a plastic bag one time will probably have no effect on a person's health, but those who make a habit out of it may be putting themselves at risk", so I did not create any scene at the canoe bar. 

I am highly informed your hotel have banned the use of styrofoam packs to serve food and rather ask guests to pay extra GH¢ 5.00 for Aluminium foil packs. Great initiative!

Since I intend to visit your restaurant again in the near future, because your tilapia is one of the best in town, I would like to respectfully find out why you allow your cooks oh sorry I mean your chef to serve hot food in plastic bags?

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Concerned customer.

Comments

  1. What are the health implications for eating or being served in a plastic bag and that's the hotel policy actually ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Irene Devine Dzirasa, the Valedictorian at 2020 UHAS Congregation

Kwabena Lyta Wins Best Hiplife Song at 2019 Edition of Western Music Awards

Champs Sports Bar and Grill Reopens in Takoradi, Western Region